Classic reissues from July–December 2019
Fresh editions of timeless albums – packed with extras!
Click to order your copy to make sure you don’t miss out! You can pay for your order when you collect it. Please note that we cannot post items to you.
Released 6 December 2019
- Hot Rats, the second solo album by Frank Zappa, was originally released in October 1969 and was Zappa’s first recording project after the dissolution of the original Mothers of Invention. Five of the six songs are instrumental, while ‘Willie The Pimp’ features a short vocal by Captain Beefheart. In his original sleeve notes Zappa described the album as “a movie for your ears”. This classic is now getting a vinyl reissue. Released at the same time, The Hot Rats Sessions is a 6-CD extravaganza bringing together all the music recorded by Zappa during that period.
- Note: the LP contains the original Hot Rats album, and is available on pink vinyl.
Released 8 November 2019
- On the eve of what would have been American singer-songwriter and Byrds founding member Gene Clark’s 75th birthday, his 1974 masterpiece No Other gets a long overdue reappraisal. Although received warmly by critics on release, it flopped and was soon deleted, a failure Gene never came to terms with. It has been remastered at Abbey Road, so that music lovers have a chance to discover, or perhaps rediscover, this gem 45 years on.
- Note: There is a limited double CD edition in a hardbound book cover, which includes a bonus disc of alternate studio versions of each track.
Released 1 November 2019
- Guerilla, the third album from Super Furry Animals, turns 20, and to celebrate we have been gifted this delicious expanded re-release, with loads of bonus tracks to help dull the pain of realisation that it has been twenty years since its original release!
Released 11 October 2019
- On the 23rd of August 1999, David Bowie played an intimate set for invited guests at The Manhattan Centre’s Grand Ballroom in New York for the VH1 Storytellers series. Ten years later, in 2009, a recording of the evening was released on CD, DVD and download. Now, 20 years on, the performance will finally be available on vinyl, with the most complete version available being released as a strictly limited-edition double LP.
- This Bowie set has long been regarded as one of the most memorable episodes in VH1 Storytellers history, with David delving deep in to his catalogue to perform tracks such as ‘Can’t Help Thinking About Me’ for the first time in 33 years; ‘Drive-In Saturday’ from Aladdin Sane, which he had not performed since 1974; and ‘Word On A Wing’, which received its first outing in 23 years.
- Gary Numan The First Recordings
- The First Recordings catches the origins of Gary Numan’s breakthrough albums, Replicas and The Pleasure Principle.
- Replicas – The First Recordings 2-CD £15.99 / 2-LP £29.99
Released 19 July 2019
- To mark the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 spaceflight and moon landing in July 1969, Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois & Roger Eno’s seminal ambient masterpiece Apollo – Atmospheres & Soundtracks is being reissued. Originally written as a score for director Al Reinert’s landmark feature-length documentary ‘For All Mankind’, the original album has been lovingly remastered by Abbey Road’s Miles Showell. It also comes with a whole disc of new music: 11 new instrumental compositions which reimagine the soundtrack to the film, marking the first time the three musicians have collaborated since the original sessions in 1983.
Other reissues for 2019
© Hundred Records. Registered in England. Number 9153994. Registered address: 11 Chalice Court, Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire SO30 4TA.