Classic reissues from January–June 2023
Fresh editions of timeless albums – packed with extras!
Click to order your copy to make sure you don’t miss out! You can pay for your order when you collect it. Please note that we cannot post items to you.
Find reissues from 2022.
Released 26 May 2023
- As part of the Revisionist History series, Matador are releasing a five-year anniversary edition of Lucy Dacus’ album Historian, featuring alternative artwork. Lucy Dacus is done thinking small. Two years after her 2016 debut, No Burden, won her unanimous acclaim as one of rock’s most promising new voices, Dacus released Historian, a remarkably assured 10-track statement of intent. “This is the album I needed to make,” says Dacus, who views Historian as her definitive statement as a songwriter and musician.
- Note: The LP is initially available on limited-edition red vinyl.
- At long last the classic Steely Dan catalogue is back on vinyl! Led by Walter Becker and Donald Fagen, Steely Dan released seven albums between 1972 and 1980. The vinyl reissue series continues with Countdown to Ecstasy, the band’s sprawling 1973 sophomore LP with such standouts as ‘Bodhisattva’, ‘Show Biz Kids’ and ‘My Old School’.
Released 12 May 2023
- Animal Collective are reissuing their very first record, Spirit They’re Gone, Spirit They’ve Vanished. Originally released in a very small CD-only pressing on their own Animal label in August 2000 and credited to Avey Tare & Panda Bear prior to the full collective band name being used on releases, the album has been praised by Vulture for its “starry-eyed sense of songcraft” and described by Pitchfork as “a masterful piece of electro-acoustic fairy-tale music; yet its squealing electronics, and vitrified rhythms suggest something darker. Like a Snickers bar with a razor blade in it.”
- Note: The LP is initially available on grass green vinyl, exclusive to independent shops.
Released 17 March 2023
- Beth Hart Classic Vinyl Reissues
- Three of Beth Hart’s signature albums are being released on vinyl.
- 37 Days 2-LP £28.99
- Eels Classic Vinyl Reissues
- The trilogy of Eels albums released in 2009 and 2010 get a lovely reissue on vinyl.
- End Times LP £24.99
Released 3 March 2023
- Feline, the 7th album from The Stranglers, is being released in a deluxe and epic expanded 40th anniversary edition, complete with ten extra tracks and rarities. The Stranglers were unstoppable throughout the seventies and eighties, becoming one of Europe’s biggest bands, with Feline peaking at No. 4 in the UK album chart. The lead single, ‘European Female’, reached No. 9 in the singles chart and paved the way for the band’s transition in sound, helping to cement their place in an ever-changing soundscape.
Released 27 January 2023
- A space of wonderment and exhilaration, the home of true heart and a timeless soul, Faded Seaside Glamour, the atmospheric and evocative 2004 debut album from Southampton’s very own Delays, gets its first outing on vinyl. The fragile strength of frontman Greg Gilbert’s vocals intertwine in an intoxicating way with the forward-looking synths of his brother Aaron, Colin Fox’s bass and Rowly’s drumming to create a series of affecting songs that deliver an immediate pop hit and that also leave a deep and wistful impact worthy of the album’s enticing title. Its iconic singles ‘Nearer Than Heaven’ and ‘Long Time Coming’ became immediate yet lasting focal points, while tracks including the melancholic ‘No Ending’, the smooth beats of ‘Stay Where You Are’ and chiming opener ‘Wanderlust’ demonstrated the remarkable depth of this unique debut.
Other reissues for 2023
Find reissues from 2022.
© Hundred Records. Registered in England. Number 9153994. Registered address: 11 Chalice Court, Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire SO30 4TA.