Classic reissues from July–December 2017
Fresh editions of timeless albums – packed with extras!
Click to order your copy to make sure you don’t miss out! You can pay for your order when you collect it. Please note that we cannot post items to you.
Note: we’ve got special pre-sale offer prices on some of these, which won’t be available after the release date, so get in early to get a great deal!
Find reissues from 2016.
Released 20 October 2017
- Widely considered to be The Smiths’ finest work as well as one of the greatest albums ever made, The Queen Is Dead has cast a significant influence over subsequent generations since it was first released in the summer of 1986. Now, 31 years after its original release, a newly mastered version of the album will be released on 20 October.
- The album features several of the band’s finest moments, including the title track and ‘There Is A Light That Never Goes Out’, as well as the iconic singles ‘The Boy With The Thorn In His Side’ and ‘Bigmouth Strikes Again’.
- “You cannot continue to record and simply hope that your audience will approve, or that average critics will approve, or that radio will approve,” says Morrissey. “You progress only when you wonder if an abnormally scientific genius would approve – and this is the leap The Smiths took with The Queen Is Dead.”
- Johnny Marr adds: “The Queen Is Dead was epic to make and epic to live.”
- The deluxe 3-CD + DVD set is housed in a box with a lift-off lid, and includes a stapled 12-page booklet.
- CD 1: The Queen Is Dead (2017 master). Track listing: 1. ‘The Queen Is Dead’ / 2. ‘Frankly, Mr. Shankly’ / 3. ‘I Know It’s Over’ / 4. ‘Never Had No One Ever’ / 5. ‘Cemetry Gates’ / 6. ‘Bigmouth Strikes Again’ / 7. ‘The Boy With The Thorn In His Side’ / 8. ‘Vicar In A Tutu’/ 9. ‘There Is A Light That Never Goes Out’ / 10. ‘Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others’.
- CD 2: Additional recordings. Track listing: 1. ‘The Queen Is Dead’ (full version) / 2. ‘Frankly, Mr. Shankly’ (demo) / 3. ‘I Know It’s Over’ (demo) / 4. ‘Never Had No One Ever’ (demo) / 5. ‘Cemetry Gates’ (demo) / 6. ‘Bigmouth Strikes Again’ (demo) / 7. ‘Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others’ (demo) / 8. ‘The Boy With The Thorn In His Side’ (demo mix) / 9. ‘There Is A Light That Never Goes Out’ (take 1) / 10. ‘Rubber Ring’ (b-side) / 11. ‘Asleep’ (b-side) / 12. ‘Money Changes Everything’ (b-side) / 13. ‘Unloveable’ (b-side).
Tracks 1–7 and 9 are previously unreleased. Track 8 was released on 7" for Record Store Day. Tracks 10 and 11 are 2017 masters of B-sides from ‘The Boy With The Thorn In His Side’. Tracks 12 and 13 are 2017 masters of B-sides from ‘Bigmouth Strikes Again’.
- CD 3: Live In Boston, recorded at the Great Woods Center For The Performing Arts on 5 August 1986. Track listing: 1. ‘How Soon Is Now?’ / 2. ‘Hand In Glove’ / 3. ‘I Want The One I Can’t Have’ / 4. ‘Never Had No One Ever’ / 5. ‘Stretch Out And Wait’ / 6. ‘The Boy With The Thorn In His Side’ / 7. ‘Cemetry Gates’ / 8. ‘Rubber Ring/What She Said/Rubber Ring’ / 9. ‘Is It Really So Strange?’ / 10. ‘There Is A Light That Never Goes Out’ / 11. ‘That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore’ / 12. ‘The Queen Is Dead’ / 13. ‘I Know It’s Over’.
- DVD: The Queen Is Dead (2017 master) in 96kHz/24-bit PCM stereo audio, plus ‘The Queen Is Dead – A Film By Derek Jarman’.
- The track listing of the vinyl version is the same as the 3-CD version.
Released 4 August 2017
- Bright Phoebus, the 1972 folk-noir masterpiece by Lal & Mike Waterson, has been remastered and reissued. This will be the first time since its original release that the album will be widely available.
- Bright Phoebus has long been recognised as one of British music’s legendary lost records. Following the parting of ways of The Watersons, and freed from the strictures of folk orthodoxy, Lal and Mike Waterson’s love of words allowed them to serve the needs of their songs in ways that weren’t possible when singing already written songs.
- Featuring performances from Lal, Mike and Norma Waterson, Martin Carthy, Richard Thompson, Ashley Hutchings, Dave Mattacks, Tim Hart and Maddy Prior, amongst others, the album is now recognised as a forward-thinking benchmark for the genre.
Released 28 July 2017
- Super Furry Animals release a newly remastered edition of their 1997 album Radiator. The reissue will be available both on 2-CD and 2-LP, remastered from analogue tapes. The CD edition includes a booklet of new interviews with the band as well as B-sides, alternate versions and unreleased demos.
Other reissues for 2017
Find reissues from 2016.
© Hundred Records. Registered in England. Number 9153994. Registered address: 11 Chalice Court, Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire SO30 4TA.