Classic reissues from January–June 2017
Fresh editions of timeless albums – packed with extras!
Click to order your copy to make sure you don’t miss out! You can pay for your order when you collect it. Please note that we cannot post items to you.
Released 30 June 2017
- The Cure Greatest/Acoustic Hits
- These releases mark the first time this 2001 compilation of The Cure’s Greatest Hits has been available on black vinyl. The records have been remastered by Robert Smith and come housed in a die-cut gatefold sleeve. The artwork is by the original design team at Stylo Rouge and features out-takes from the original photo shoot for the front cover. Greatest Hits features 4 Top 10 hit singles plus 4 Top 20s.
- This release marks the 50th anniversary of what many aficionados consider the greatest ever pop album, and it is packed with extradordinary features.
- The single CD features Giles Martin’s new stereo mix (not remaster), complete with the run-out groove “Edit for LP End” dog whistle equivalent 15 kHz tone and garbled speech from the original UK LP.
- The deluxe expanded 2-CD adds Martin’s stereo mixes for ‘Strawberry Fields Forever’ and ‘Penny Lane’, plus previously unreleased alternate takes for each of the album’s 13 tracks, sequenced in the same order as the album.
- The super-deluxe box set features:
- • CD 1: the new stereo mix by Giles Martin and Sam Okell from the original tapes.
- • CDs 2 & 3: 33 additional recordings from the Sgt Pepper studio sessions, mixed for the first time from the four-track session tapes, sequenced in chronological order of their recording dates. These session discs also feature a new stereo mix of ‘Penny Lane’.
- • CD 4: the mono version of Sgt Pepper – generally the Beatles aficionado’s preferred version – plus six bonus tracks including what Apple are describing as “the lost version of ‘Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds’” and the Capitol Records mono mix of ‘Penny Lane’.
- • The DVD and Blu-ray include a ‘fully restored’ version of the 50-minute documentary The Making Of Sgt Pepper from 1992, plus 5.1 surround and hi-res stereo mixes of the album, ‘Penny Lane’ and ‘Strawberry Fields Forever’. The content is the same on the DVD and blu-ray, but the latter will offer lossless 5.1 and improved visuals.
- • a 144-page book full of rare images, handwritten lyrics and recording notes, two posters and a replica of the original cardboard cut-out insert. These are contained within an outer box designed to look like a period EMI tape box, over which slides the classic Peter Blake cover art of Sgt Pepper.
Released 26 May 2017
Other reissues for 2017
© Hundred Records. Registered in England. Number 9153994. Registered address: 11 Chalice Court, Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire SO30 4TA.